Welcome!

We're just a couple of friends with a few good games. Check here often for news and updates coming from ShawtyHullstineFilms.

Subscribe!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Reflections

Hey,

So I was looking over my list of MLG EXTREME's, OKG's, and machinimas today when I realized how I've never really taken a step back to appreciate all of the hard work we've all put into ShawtyHullstineFilms. When you look at guys like CMNeir and DigitalPh33r, you almost sort of feel proud for them. However, when you're looking over everything you've done, you don't get the same feeling.

And what I also realized is that CMNeir and Digitalph33r don't just provide entertainment, they provide nostalgia. Nostalgia is key in order to keep people coming back. That's something that I really hope I do right, but I just make the videos. It's up to the viewers to decide if its nostalgic or not.

You see, with such a small subscription base, it's REALLY hard to get feedback. It almost seems like nobody watches my videos. I don't really get any communication at all. I can't really tell what I'm doing right and wrong. I don't even know if anybody actually reads these posts. Does anybody actually visit my website that I've worked pretty hard on maintaining?

You see, I encourage communication. That's what I have a twitter, forums, an email, the comments section on every post on this blog, and all the ways of communication through YouTube. It's up to you guys to tell me what I'm doing right and wrong. I actually put up a poll just to see how many people actually visit this blog. Leaving a comment with your YouTube username or something would be cool, too.

I could talk for many more paragraphs, but I'm tired. Life recently has completely drained me of my time and passion. I miss being able to be fully active with ShawtyHullstineFilms. I wish I could get all of these great machinima ideas onto paper and then made into a video. But right now I just don't have time. Don't worry, though. I'll make sure there's new content every week.

I'll make time.

Thanks for everything you guys do. I hope at least some of you appreciate my hard work.

Sincerely,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment