Welcome!

We're just a couple of friends with a few good games. Check here often for news and updates coming from ShawtyHullstineFilms.

Subscribe!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Halo: Combat Evolved for PC Review


Hey,

So I haven't done a review in a while, but this game is worthy of one.

It's no secret that I am a HUGE Halo fan. I love every single aspect of the game. It's given me new passions and has allowed me to meet lots of new people which I play frequently with. I love each game in the series for different reasons. I love the Xbox version of Halo: Combat Evolved because it's the beginning. Lots of beautiful artwork fills an entire alien landscape. There's also a lot of nostalgia packed in it. The only thing that's missing from it is...MULTIPLAYER. God this game would have been taken to an entirely new level if there was multiplayer in the Xbox version


Well with Halo: CE for PC, it goes to that next level.



Sure, it's regular Halo on the computer, too. You got your basic campaign and LAN of course, but the INTERNET MULTIPLAYER is where it's at. It's a freakin' blast. That's all I can say. The controls are perfect, too. You use the W, A, S, and D keys to move while you use your mouse to aim. (By the way, it's pretty much impossible to use a laptop touchpad and play this game, so get a $15 wireless mouse.)



There are also weapons and vehicles featured in the PC online multiplayer that aren't found in the Xbox version multiplayer, including the plasma cannon, the Banshee, the Gauss Warthog, and the flamethrower (KILL IT WITH FIRE!). All of these new features play differently then they do in the other Halo games. And remember, the CE pistol is your friend. :)

If you're into modding, this game is SCREAMING to be modded (although if you do want to mod, you're better off getting the Custom Edition.  Don't worry though. I haven't encountered any modding in online multiplayer. I think that's pretty well monitored.

Also, don't worry about player population. Even though this game has been out for 6 or 7 years on the PC, it still has a strong community. You should never have any trouble finding a server with players on it.

That's really I all can say. It's AWESOME...and CHEAP on Ebay/Amazon. Oh, and you can redeem your product key on Bungie.net for visual flair in Halo: Reach for a short period of time.

If you do get this game, contact me somehow and maybe we can start up a server. :)

Happy playing,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment