Welcome!

We're just a couple of friends with a few good games. Check here often for news and updates coming from ShawtyHullstineFilms.

Subscribe!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Halo: Reach Review *Spoilers*

Hey,

So it's finally here. Halo: Reach. It's really hard to believe that this era of gaming is finally over. Or has it just begun?

Anyways..Let's get to the review, shall we?

Good-

-Campaign-Sure, Bungie is mostly known for multiplayer, but I've always enjoyed the campaign. In the past Halo games, the campaign has been more upbeat. There wasn't a sense of certain destruction looming over you like there is in Reach. I always liked that about the Halos. However, in Reach the campaign has a VERY dark tone to it. Noble Team is destroyed one by one until it is completely wiped out. Jun is the last to die. His death is described in the books (although they don't refer to him as "Jun"). All of the death is destruction really puts a new spin onto Halo. As much as I hate to see the upbeat, comedy-filled moments in Halo go, I really gotta say that the atmosphere was pretty enjoyable. It was also great to see the return of the Pillar of Autumn. I really liked how the integrated Cortana and Master Chief (Although I would have rather seen MC and Noble 6 meet). That brings me to my next point. There were some cannon flaws. The Pillar of Autumn was docked in space first, not on Reach. Also, MC wasn't put into cryosleep until they jumped into slipspace. That stuff doesn't bother me, but I just thought that I would bring it up.

-Multiplayer-Endless fun. What more can I say?

-Forge World-Also endless fun.

-Soundtrack-O'Donnell/Salvatori never disappoint.


Bad-


-Forge-Too difficult to use now. Now I haven't gotten to use forge a lot now, but nothing really works like you would expect it to. Also, there aren't a lot of good forge maps. Most (except Forge World) are close-quarters maps. They need a new DLC fast.

-Machinima-No good maps to use.

-Team Snipers-I got to play 1 game of team snipers on Blood Gulch, and it was AMAZING. Unfortunately, there is no Team Snipers playlist. Boo!

Nerfed Warthog-That thing is as light as a feather. THE GREATEST WARTHOG TEAM EVER is about to have some trouble.



Well that was just my 2 cents on Reach. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the game and still LOVE the game. I'll be playing it for years to come. However, I still think Halo needs to revolved around Master Chief and Cortana. I'm ready to get back to them. Sadly, Bungie won't be telling that story.

See you on Reach,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment